Reality TV shows, I have never watch any of them. I may have clicked through some channels and stopped for a brief moment to stop and watch some part of it but they never really interest me. I remember my wife's best friend was addicted to The Hills TV show and I never understood why. One time I tried to watch an episode just to see why people would say it was entertaining and all it was two girls arguing about some guy and what they are doing that night. I was like, what the hell. During their conversation, there were a lot of awkward pauses and strange looks from both girls. "This is garbage," I thought. It was not entertaining at all. Why would I care about some one's problems from a TV show? These TV shows are just a waste of time and I believe the way they are harming society is by stealing their precious time to do more productive things.
When I do watch TV I prefer the history channel or discovery. At least I can learn something that's interesting other than boring young adults whine about their life's to others. I don't know hwy people are so into these type of shows. The Jersey Shore is another show people rave about. I never heard of the show until my sister in law asked me to change the channel so she could see what was going on. Again it was weird and boring. The TV show is about young adults complaining about their lives and partying. I asked her,"Why do you like this crap?" She would tell me it's funny and entertaining. It there some sort of hidden brain washing message that make people watch? I had to idea how it was funny or entertaining.
There was a report on TV a while back mentioning that most reality TV shows should not use the word reality. All of it is scripted and and planned out. An example I saw on the report was about how the writers on the show knew how certain people would act if alcohol was given to them on purpose. That meant that they planned on a character on the show to get drunk and make scene and use that to get better ratings. It's like what the say about a train crash you just have to look. Many scenes on most of the reality shows were scripted to happen a certain way. Not much of a reality TV show anymore. Most of these shows are very successful and I sometimes think to myself."Maybe I should write a script about my dog and have cameras follow him around?" I would probably never get rich for it but I think my dog is much more entertaining.
i like your take on reality TV show, and agree that most of the time it is all scripted.
ReplyDeletereality shows = unreal life
ReplyDeleteI loved your blog entry! I can relate completely to what you said about your dog because quite frankly i would rather watch my dog than watch the jersey shore. I admire your opinion on those wretched time consuming, mind controlling shows.
ReplyDeleteyeah many shows are scripted which is why they shouldnt be taken seriously
ReplyDelete