While reading Fast Food Nation, it has really made realized how these corporations only focus on money, money and money. They always want the cheapest possible way to produce a product fast and efficiently. So many events in the book that have stood out and have grossed me out. The slaughter houses and how most are run unsafely. How smaller farms are driven out by bigger farms to reduce competition. It is just unfair to farmers and consumers.
I wish I could say I wont ever eat fast food again but I will admit it is fast and cheap. I definatly will shop smarter and will try to support local farms and buy meat from grain free ranges. I will try to inform my friends and family to read the book as well. So much informattion that has opened my eyes. There is one detail I clearly remember about eggs in the book on how half a million people get Salmonella and a couple or months back I did change from regular eggs to free range raised chickens. It just shows how cheaper and faster has made Americans sick. I hope quality returns for the consumers so we can all ea better and healthier. We have to do our part and look for safer and better foods.
Your So Right Everything Is Driven By Money!!!
ReplyDeleteI, too, will try to look for better options when grocery shopping for my family!
ReplyDeleteSuZ
Yes, I too will shop better in my grocery stores. This book made me think about what foods I eat. The key is to Eat Smarter!
ReplyDeleteYou hit the bulls eye. To corporations it's money, money, and more money. Yet, we the American consumer still support the fast food chains regardless of what we learn about them. I'll stay away from fast food as much as I can but if I eat at one I'll be making a better choice from now on.
ReplyDeletethats true life revolves about money
ReplyDeleteThats the American way..Always driven by money.
ReplyDelete